Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Last draft

For my final draft, I really wanted to focus on creating flow in the music. I feel like in my other draft some of the lines did not last long, which cut the music off, limited to 2 squares in a grid. Toilet paper in the wind did a perfect job of communicating the natural flow as the wind pushed the thin paper in the air. The second grid of the toilet paper shows a repetitiveness, where in the song the music would go up and down and up and down. The drops of paint are also natural and not forced, inspired by my earlier draft with the lines on my palm. In the last photo the lightness represents the volume in the music. As line fades, so does the music. The lines are less uniform and more rigid to show the coarseness of the sound of the music.








6 comments:

  1. I like how you cropped these pictures and made them flow together. The third one down sticks out to me the most, the last two also work together, but for some reason don't have the same kind of flow. Maybe the last two could be a part of a different series? Also, making the top three differentiate from one another might be something to try since they all seem very similar. Overall, this series is a nice continuation of your project, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea and the flowing of all pictures seems very clear and i like the color of each picture. You changed color and saturation one picture and connected to each other!! It looks nice. And last pictures is very interesting, because only one line connect to bottom picture but it seems very balance!!!! Awesome work!! nice work Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the flow of the toilet paper on the trees in the first few photos, but I think it gets very repetitive after the second photo. Limit it next time. I especially like the third photo. It looks like blood dripping down. Very cool. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. steph these photos are great! i really like how you create the situations in witch you take your photos. the painting that you painted just for these photos, it makes it very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph, I really like the contrast between the first two photos that look really peaceful, and the creepy violent look of other photos, with the blood on the wall look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are great. I think you did a really great job on this series. My favorite picture is the 2nd to last picture because of the colors. Great job.

    ReplyDelete