Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Character

For this draft I wanted to incorporate people into my music scoreboard, using their body language to create flow. The paper people completed the photo and it was interesting to have such a repetitive, unchangeable thing like paper mixed with live, moving people. As I experimented more, I learned to use photos with the models showing no facial expression because it distracted from the main focus of the grids. If the model was jumping than the note would act like a staccato or end abruptly. If the people were all connected than the notes would play one after another, from high to low or low to high. The elongated Carlos represents a long drag on the note as an indicator to timing. I hope to continue to think of abstract ways that embody the idea of music being inspired from them. Having photos with unusual ideas help show that music can be found anywhere and from the most unusual places.






8 comments:

  1. Great images! Especially the ones of me................... :)
    I really like the ones with the paper dudes. You got them lined up! Woo! But they really do look nice. Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series you put together! The first one and third one stand out to me. You got really creative with this project and i like how you connected the paper with people. I also like how you play with proportions in the first one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images are very creative and very good. I really like the premise of them and how you lined them up. Great work, very creative. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you were able to combine photos in grids so well. These grid photos are really creative and cool. I especially like the photos of Carlos with elongated legs and torso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your use of grids in this series. I thought it was cool how you people and paper dolls together in the photograph. It was cool and little creepy and I really liked it. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like 1st and 3rd picture!!!! it is very creative and every pictures are connecting perfectly. Very thoughtful!!! Nice work!! this is very interesting work!! and i think color is better than black and white for 5th one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a really excellent draft! it is especially clear how you developed your ideas and approach over the week. you carried the project further. the first image offers the most variety and dynamics. the draft as a whole might be fun to translate into music as each grid flows to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really like the photos in the begging of this series, the ones with the paper and the people attached to it! you can tell that a lot of thought and work went into them! the only ones i don't understand are the ones of Carlos alone.

    ReplyDelete