Monday, May 16, 2011

Rule of Thirds

For this series we tried to focus our model or object at the 1/3 marked on the frame using the "tic-tac-toe" lines as an outline. We also tried to have minimal background to emphasize the composition of the object. In my last photograph I covered part of the camera with my hand to create negative space. We also used black and white the entire series. With this specific ink series, I tried to make the photographs look crisp while stilling retaining this flow. The contrast of the white background with the black texture blends well surprisingly and also increases the minimalistic look.



6 comments:

  1. Steph i really like these photos they are very nice and spaced with the rule of thirds well. The only one that i find questionable is the middle one. Next time for your first post maybe you would want to have a little more variety in the pictures subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are stunning. I have no criticisms to give. I love how abstract they are. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the abstractness of your series. You represented the Rule of Thirds technique very well. It is much different than what I chose, a very literal representation. These stick out and you made sure to leave room for your object to travel across the photo. You took all aspects of this was of photography and incorporated them well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series is an excellent solution to the composition concept. You illustrated it well during earlier drafts, but here you begin to invent images that are personal, mysterious, and that show vision. I can imagine seeing more work like this develop into a larger series- and printed on large paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you combined painting and the rule of thirds concept in one series. I think that these photos are very thought provoking and creative. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the use of paintings in your Rule of Thirds Project. The paintings are very detailed but the background is minimalist, which I really like. My favorite picture is 1st one, I think its really strong.

    ReplyDelete