Thursday, December 9, 2010

Final Draft

This was a very long and difficult process, but in the end I think I mastered elements of photoshop to create some cohesive images. I tried to add my own unique style inspired by Jerry Uelsmann and I went into my own surrealistic world. The hardest part was getting pieces from different photos to fit well together, the transparency really helped blend the photographs and add the finish touches. Instead of black and white, I also used color to make the photographs look more bold; it was more of a challenge to get the right colors to match with each other. All of these photographs have nature aspect with specific body parts, which really shows how close humans feel with nature. I liked using the sky as the background because the sky is everywhere and almost overbearing, you can never escape it.









6 comments:

  1. These photos are great, i can tell that you put a lot of work into them and they turned out really successful. It seems like you mastered the art of surrealism and photoshop. They look very clean cut and smooth as opposed to messy. I really love the hands and the bird. it looks heavenly with the see-through hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest steph, i dont want to hurt your feelings but these photos look completely random and i feel that no one would really understand them as a set. the only thing that reocures almost all the way was the hands, but then lo and behold you were inconsistanat and did not put them in the last photo, that show that you are irresponsible and all those days during photo class you have not been paying attention enough to the assignment that was meant to be done. this is just what i think hopefully there are some people out there in the world who can appreciate these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think pictures are very interesting. It looks very surreal and I love the 2nd to last picture. You did a really good job editing them and it looks like you put a lot of work into it. I thought these pictures were mostly consistent except for the 1st one, although it is still really cool. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool pictures! I really like your series and think it was really cool and clever of you to take pictures like this. I really like the photos with the hands. Its really cool how the hands are holding an eye and the background adds texture to the photo and I really like it. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a good job with your collage project and it looks like you worked hard. I like how unique and random each one is. I love the transperancy look you added, it gives the photos layers and keeps the viewer searching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesomely creepy! Especially the one with Carlos and the clouds. The eyeball one is also really cool. I think that you should make more pictures like this later on.

    ReplyDelete