Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween themed

In honor of the Halloween spirit, we used picnik to edit our pictures and "monsterfy" them. It was really fun playing with different effects to invoke the scariest thoughts and images. We were suppose to think of our scariest childhood nightmare and I always think of the boogyman, which is why I used just the hand. Kids do not usually see the actual face of the boogeyman but rather feel its presence and hand grabbing at the feet since the it lives under beds. It creeps out at night and preys on innocent victims. We used props (the gloves) to really emphasize the monster/villain. We got out inspiration from monster movies on-line of Frankenstein, Mummy, Dracula, basically universal monsters. We also looked at more contemporary scary movies, such as Saw, Dead Silence, The Grudge, and The Ring.

The Intruder

Victim

In a Daze

Taken Over

Attacked

Mind Control


The Wolf Distorted


The Wolf Out and About

The Wolf and the Spirits

The Wolf in Confusion

The Waxed Wolf

4 comments:

  1. I like that you stuck with a theme (the boogeyman). Youre effects are well done and makes each one unique. The "attacked" photo is one that stands out to me. The effects really make it strong. Good series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are soo good! I loved all of them because you edited them really well and made them spooky with a twist of style. I loved The Wax Wolf, it is very dreamlike, or better, nightmarish. This is a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you used the blood and other picnik effects, it really enhances the spookyness of the photos. I really like what you did with the "taken over" picture, the eyes are really creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your photo of the hand. It's very creepy and I can tell that you are scared of this. The effects you chose were really great and the focus on the hand allows us to see the background but really see the hand. Super creepy. Good job!

    ReplyDelete